This year, the largest industry gathering for technical communication – the 2017 tekom annual conference, also known as tcworld – will take place in Stuttgart two weeks earlier than usual. Be there from October 24 to 26, when the latest developments on topics such as augmented reality, terminology management and user experience will be presented and discussed among experts.
There will be more than 250 presentations, workshops, tutorials and panel discussions to choose from on a variety of fields in technical documentation – including on the subject of translation. EVS Translations will be an exhibitor at Germany’s largest industry meeting for language technology and technical communication (hall C2, stand E09).
As one of Europe’s leading translation companies, we adhere to the principle of in-house translation. Here is an overview of the benefits:
- “Fixed” translators for regular translations are already conversant with customer-specific terminology and have a feeling for the text
- Communication between translators for different languages in-house is an efficient problem-solving strategy
- Urgent orders can be implemented effortlessly thanks to internal resources and offices spread across different time zones
- Substitution arrangements: if an in-house translator is absent, a replacement is immediately available, guaranteeing punctual delivery
- Dependable planning: with the “translation management” module, capacity can be guaranteed in good time – even during peak times
- Scalable projects: with one of the largest in-house translation teams in the Germany/Austria/Switzerland region, we implement large multilingual projects efficiently and cost-effectively
A forecast: Internal analyses have shown that Chinese and Dutch are most notable among the languages that will have an increasingly strong presence in Europe in the future. EVS Translations therefore is aiming to enlarge its in-house translation teams for Chinese and Dutch and would welcome applications on +49-698-297-9936.
Alongside purely specialist translations, EVS Translations offers more additional services, including management of company-specific glossaries and terminology databases for complete consistency and a range of desktop publishing software and formatting services. Approximately 80 tools and their potential uses will again be presented at the tekom annual conference. The aforementioned areas are closely intermeshed with the translation process and require complex coordination strategies.
The 2017 tekom annual conference also provides scope for new contacts, cooperation and career opportunities. The EVS Translations representatives at the stand are also looking forward to seeing both familiar and new faces.
Do you have any questions regarding a specific translation issue, or would you like a quote for your translation project? Our advisors will be happy to help. Arrange a personal appointment for the event at salesuk(at)evs-translations.com or call on +49-698-297-9999.
Visit our stand in hall C2, stand E09. We look forward to seeing you!
Tuesday, October 24: 9 am to 6 pm
Wednesday, October 25: 9 am to 6 pm
Thursday, October 26: 9 am to 4 pm
ICS Messe Stuttgart
70629 Stuttgart, Germany